The South Interlake Planning District (SIPD) Board is responsible for enforcing the following:
1. The SIPD Development Plan;
2. The SIPD's member municipal Zoning By-laws and Secondary Plans; and
3. The SIPD's member municipal Building By-laws and related Codes.
The SIPD's enforcement procedures are consistent with The Planning Act and the SIPD's member municipal Zoning By-laws, Building By-laws, and applicable Enforcement By-laws. The SIPD's general enforcement process is illustrated here: FLOW CHART. Notwithstanding this general enforcement process, the SIPD may issue Stop Work Orders for unauthorized construction pursuant to The Planning Act and applicable municipal Building and Enforcement By-laws.
Typical violations include, but are not limited to:
- Construction without a permit;
- Conducting a land use in contravention of zoning regulations;
- Swimming pools or decks without a permit.
Complaints shall be filed by completing a Violation Complaint Form (Click Here for PDF) and submitting it to the SIPD by fax, email, regular mail, or in-person. Please ensure that all sections of the form are completed in full. Incomplete forms will not be investigated.